Quick Start for First-time Users
Follow this 7-Step process to set up your Login password:
- Click the Login button located in the top right-hand corner of the page to be directed to the Login page.
- Click Forgot password.
- Type the email address you provided to the OFA and click the Reset my password button.
Then you will see a message that your password reset instructions have been e-mailed.
- Click the highlighted link in the email you receive to be directed to a web page where you can specify your password.
- Password rules are simple – 7-50 characters using any combination of letters, numbers and characters (except spaces). Make it easy to remember or very secure – your choice.
- After entering and confirming your new password, click Return the the OFA Home Page where you can login and access the many useful items from the Member Dashboard.
If you encounter links that don’t seem to go anywhere or wind up with a Page Not Found error message:
- The likely culprit is website browser settings, particularly those related to the storage of “cookies”. These are bits of information maintained in your computer to allow the OFA and associated websites to work properly.
- The simple explanation is that the OFA website requires that cookies be accepted from both the ostrander.org site and third parties, particularly a membership management system named Wild Apricot.
- The principal web browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge) all define cookie settings differently. If you run into a problem you can’t resolve by adjusting browser Options, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. [Sorry for the digression into technical gibberish but the “cookie problem” can bring most of the OFA membership management services to a halt.]
Problems logging in or questions about the Member Dashboard?
The OFA would like ALL members who wish to access the exclusive content on the Member Dashboard to be able to do so without difficulty. If you encounter a problem, send an email to email@example.com with a description of the problem and how best to contact you. Someone will be in touch soon.